Windows Live movie maker tutorials
(please scroll down to view all instructions)
Opening the Web Camera on the Toshiba Lap Tops:
Using The Web Camera:
- Go to Microsoft Start Icon in left corner of screen.
- Type "Web" in the search box in left corner
- The words "Web Camera Application" will be listed in next window, click on these words.
Using The Web Camera:
- At the bottom of the web cam monitor on your screen are the options to use: a movie camera, a camera, and archived library. These do not show up unless you put your browser arrow at the bottom.
- Once you click on the movie camera or camera symbol there is count-down to a start.
Scenery, Motion, and PIctures For Stop-Motion:
Before you start filming, check in the on-screen monitor that the objects,scenery, or characters you wish to film are inside the focus frame where you want them. You may move these items or reposition the computer to improve the focus.
Editing the movie:
Starting and Stopping the movie: The space bar starts and stops the movie at points you choose.
Scrolling through the movie: Click where you want movie to start at.
The easiest way to edit footage and get rid of footage you do not want to include is to right click on the section you want to remove and select "split." After splitting, right click on the section you want to remove and then click on the red "X" in the list.
Adding Sound or Music:
Making Sound/Music Louder + Cancel out the recored Audio background
SAVING THE VIDEO TO A FLASH-DRIVE: TWO STEPS
- Click on the blue file tab in upper left hand corner of screen.
- Click "Save Movie"
- In the column to right that popped up click "Computer"
- The video will process and save to the computer for about two minutes,
- Click on "Close" in the next box that pops up.
- Insert flashdrive into USB PORT
- Click Microsoft Start button in lower left corner of screen, go to "documents" or "libraries."
- Go to "videos"
- Locate your video and right click it, select and click "send to" and click on the name of your flashdrive.
- It will take a minute for the video to process to your flashdrive
- Safely eject the flash, do not pull it out until the computer tells you it is safe to remove it.